Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British Royal Armoured Corps BD Blouse

Article about: Hi Guys, this is another BD blouse from my collection. Finding originally badged BD's to famous units is hard, even in the UK. This one is for a member of the Royal Tank Regt and part of the

Default British Royal Armoured Corps BD Blouse

Hi Guys, this is another BD blouse from my collection.

Finding originally badged BD's to famous units is hard, even in the UK.

This one is for a member of the Royal Tank Regt and part of the famous 79th Armoured Division. They operated the "Funnies" , the special purpose armoured fighting vehicles on D Day and OP "Varsity", the Rhine Crossing.

The blouse is a 1940 Austerity pattern, dated 1943. I bought this together with the same man's 1937 pattern BD trousers. Note the large size. The trousers are also large sized to match. Big sizes are hard to find and it is slightly unusual to find for a man over 6 feet tall and serving in AFV's. The blouse has been tailored to fit, as evidenced by the diagonal pleats to the breast, which can been seen in the ribbon bar pic.

Medal ribbons are for the 1939-1943 Star and the Africa Star. There are red service chevrons and a good conduct chevron on the cuffs.

Divisional insignia is in printed format. The WW1 pattern tank insignia denotes a member of the Royal Tank Regt, while the red/yellow arm of service strips are for the RAC.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Royal Armoured Corps BD Blouse   British Royal Armoured Corps BD Blouse  

British Royal Armoured Corps BD Blouse   British Royal Armoured Corps BD Blouse  

Default Re: British Royal Armoured Corps BD Blouse

Quote by adrian stevenson View Post
    hi guys, this is another bd blouse from my collection.

Finding originally badged bd's to famous units is hard, even in the uk.

This one is for a member of the royal tank regt and part of the famous 79th armoured division. They operated the "funnies" , the special purpose armoured fighting vehicles on d day and op "varsity", the rhine crossing.

The blouse is a 1940 austerity pattern, dated 1943. I bought this together with the same man's 1937 pattern bd trousers. Note the large size. The trousers are also large sized to match. Big sizes are hard to find and it is slightly unusual to find for a man over 6 feet tall and serving in afv's. The blouse has been tailored to fit, as evidenced by the diagonal pleats to the breast, which can been seen in the ribbon bar pic.

Medal ribbons are for the 1939-1943 star and the africa star. There are red service chevrons and a good conduct chevron on the cuffs.

Divisional insignia is in printed format. The ww1 pattern tank insignia denotes a member of the royal tank regt, while the red/yellow arm of service strips are for the rac.

Cheers, ade.

outstanding !!!!

Thanks for the kind comments.

This BD really shows how an originally badged BD should look. See how the insignia has sunk into the wool?

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice indeed I am really jealous about that one.

Hi Joseph, like you, I am from Nottingham. This blouse came to me back in 1989 and it was obtained locally and was hung on an old wooden coat hanger with a local tailor's name stamped on the wood. I would really like to discover this man's history as the chances are he was from Nottingham too.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade I am actually in South Derbyshire the same as you but with a notts post code as am on the border, perhaps we are neighbours and not realized it.

Very nice BD Ade and interesting how similar the cloth RAC titles are to those on the BD I bought recently, as you mentioned and also how both sets are mounted high on the sleeve.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry.

I know I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but what the pics don't really fully capture is how the insignia is "sunk" into the wool of the blouse with age and wear.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!