Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Armbands

Article about: Some of my Canadian armbands. 1. Military Police WW2 2. POW camp guard from Kitchener Ontario area 3. Civil Defence?? 4. Military Police modern

Default Canadian Armbands

Some of my Canadian armbands.

1. Military Police WW2
    2. POW camp guard from Kitchener Ontario area
    3. Civil Defence??
    4. Military Police modern
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Armbands  

Default Re: Canadian Armbands

Thanks for showing them. The "Guard" armband was particually interesting.

The "CD" armband is 1950's issue.

Cheers, Ade.

I thought the C D band was interesting, becasue I thought "Defence" is when you take down a fence...and Defense would be when civilians would be grabbing their pitch forks and brooms to ward off Russian missiles.
    lol

There were a variety of types of these Civil Defence armbands. All the same basic design, but some have the Kings Crown while later post 1953 examples have the Queens Crown. The can be found with different sections named on them, such as Rescue or HQ which just reads Civil Defence Corps, etc. They are still to be found sometimes quite cheaply and are good affordable items.

The Civil Defence was disbanded at the end of WW2 but reformed again due to the Cold War thread posed by the Soviet Union.

Cheers, Ade.

Ive seen others around here with a blue triangle..?? Not really my bag, post WW2.
    I bought it and wore it for a while trying to direct people in my neighbourhood to duck and cover, stand in doorways in case on nuclear attack.
    To my surprise, no one listened.

They are very cheap to pick up around here...like 15 clams 20, on the outside. I see a half a dozen or so in every surplus store tacked up behind the counter.