Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD question

Article about: Hello, My question is rather simple, actually: would anybody on here know whether coloured chevrons were universally worn by Regina Rifle Regiment NCOs on their BDs by 6 June 1944? Apparentl

?

Default Canadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD question

Hello,

My question is rather simple, actually: would anybody on here know whether coloured chevrons were universally worn by Regina Rifle Regiment NCOs on their BDs by 6 June 1944? Apparently, the Regina Rifles started wearing coloured chevrons "near the end of WWII", which is the vaguest of indications and does not tell me whether the standard NCO chevrons would still be consistent with a Regina Rifle Regiment battle dress worn on D-Day and later during the Battle of Normandy.

Thank you in advance for any enlightening reply on the subject!

Didier

?

Canadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD questionCanadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD questionCanadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD questionCanadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD question

I am, to say the least, no expert, but my gut feeling is that this is a made up Regina Rifle Regiment BD, as there are no medal ribbons on it, no service chevrons, etc.
    The Regina Rifle Regiment title also looks newer than the other insignia.

Could you tell me whether there is a chance that all the insignia on this BD blouse are genuine WWII stuff?

?

Canadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD questionCanadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD questionCanadian Regina Rifle Regiment BD question

A few more pictures, one never knows...

?

Hey Didier, sorry for the late response, I just joined the forum. I’m having a hard time seeing with these photos on my phone but the stitching looks unorthodox from what I can see. I recently posted a nearly identical thread with a 3rd Div jacket of my own with period applied insignias. You can compare the photos and see how the proper machine stitching should look. It’s best to judge from the back. When you flip the sleeve of an originally patched jacket inside out you see that the badges are slightly sunken into the uniform. I also heard from an experienced collector that on a mint uniform there are string at the back connecting the stitching of one insignia to another as they were all sewn on at once. After a bit of wear these strings would break but they can still be seen somewhat today, if you look at my thread you will note the loose strings which is what I am talking about. These are all the things you want to be looking for, I have been told that hand stitched style like on a German breast eagle is not period for Canadian tunics. Sorry for my poor writing skills and late timing, hope this helped

-Dirk