Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Few questions about a Ike jacket that I just bought

Article about: So, I'm in New Mexico now and me and my Grandma went to a few Military surplus type stores and I found a Ike jacket with a 1st Armored Div insignia, but when looking up the 1st Armored I fou

Default Few questions about a Ike jacket that I just bought

So, I'm in New Mexico now and me and my Grandma went to a few Military surplus type stores and I found a Ike jacket with a 1st Armored Div insignia, but when looking up the 1st Armored I found that they were disbanded in 1946 then regrouped in the early 1950's, now to my biggest concern, the jacket is dated 1948. So I'm wondering if this is a mock up or was just a spare jacket they put the insignia on in 1950's? I'd take photos but I don't have an upload cord with me at the moment. Would like to hear your guys input on this

Default Re: Few questions about a Ike jacket that I just bought

These pieced together Ike jackets are popping up all over the place. The local military surplus store we frequent has at least 4 of them on display. These days, even if you find one where everything is correct, you'd still have to wonder if it was not pieced together or not.