Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flea market Ike

Article about: Picked this up yesterday at a flea market . Jacket is 1944 dated hope you guys enjoy . Gary

?

Default Flea market Ike

Picked this up yesterday at a flea market . Jacket is 1944 dated hope you guys enjoy . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market Ike   Flea market Ike  

Flea market Ike   Flea market Ike  

Flea market Ike  

It's awesome that all badges are still in the jacket.

From what I have found out in Finnish collecting, people have habit to strip tunics clean of any insignia it ever had in them.
    I have re-fitted about 10...20? tunics back to original wartime configuration, like missing collartabs, shoulder insignia, buttons, medal bars etch..

Great find!

?

Yes the only reason I bought it was that it was so complete. I have seen lots of these striped here in the US also .Gary

fyi...the bottom ribbon bar is upside down...nice jacket !....I used to see so many of these in the past while looking for German stuff, now they are harder to find and I am kicking myself
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Gary,
    Really nice complete set. Is there a laundry number?

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Gary,

Great uniform. Patton's Army (3rd) so it is without question this Soldier saw a lot of action.

Even though his ribbon bar is upside down, the Soldier may have placed it on there that way back when he as discharged, The Amry of Occupation ribbon is also reversed, so again the Soldier may have just thrown his ribbons on the Ike and didn't give it a second thought. Regulations were not strictly adhered to back then with Soldiers getting out.. They were of course more observant of Soldiers who stayed in the service..

Smitty

?

Lol at least he got the CIB right

- - ------- - -

I'll look for a laundry # when I get home

yep, my guess is that the bottom is just upside down and he likely got out shortly after receiving the occupation medal and just put it in that spot...no need for regs when you're out
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Nice jacket but interesting that he has a CBI but wears field artillery collar disk.

When I go to flea markets, I find junk. When forum members go to flea markets, they find this.

Awesome find man, looks great, lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast