Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

French army greatcoat WWII?

Article about: Hello. A greatcoat for identification please. I assumed that it was French army, second world war, at first. It is certainly made in France (Nantes), but at least two of the details are wron

AndyH
    ?

Default French army greatcoat WWII?

Hello.

A greatcoat for identification please. I assumed that it was French army, second world war, at first. It is certainly made in France (Nantes), but at least two of the details are wrong. There are no cuffs or buttons on the ends of the sleeves, and it lacks the buttons near the bottom edge, for fastening back the front of the coat. Your thoughts would be welcome please.

Andy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French army greatcoat WWII?   French army greatcoat WWII?  

French army greatcoat WWII?   French army greatcoat WWII?  

Attached Images Attached Images French army greatcoat WWII?  French army greatcoat WWII?  French army greatcoat WWII?  French army greatcoat WWII? 

Default Re: French army greatcoat WWII?

hi yes it is ww2 french and i think officer's type
    best roger

AndyH
    ?

Thanks Roger. Is that why the lack of the details I mentioned then - because it might be an officer's coat? Someone else has suggested to me that it might be immediately post war, 1946 or so.

Does anyone else have any info please? Re the collar badges for instance?

hi

it is a post war overcoat and it is not an officer's but enlisted men sorry ,the collar badge looks like infantry from noth africa tunisian marocco or algiers theses countries where french colonies
    check it out on this link
    Pattes de col armée Française 14/18 à 1940

AndyH
    ?

Many thanks Roger. I'm having trouble viewing that link at the mo' 'cos of my connection, but what I can see looks very helpful, will retry at later date. Good to get some concrete information at last.