Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gifted Ike Jacket

Article about: Yesterday I received a box in the mail from a guy I have been working for the past year for. Curious, I opened it up and inside was this WWII Ike jacket and a note thanking me for the modera

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Right side is certainly Tenth Army - nice!
    Left side (current unit) I'll leave it to you. Certainly won't be USMC.

Photos are good hey...

Wishful thinking on my part perhaps. But it does have an odd shape. There could only be so many units under the tenth army, it has to be one of them.

It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be one of the sub-units of the 10th Army. I have seen/owned many uniforms that have one patch from a Pacific unit and another from a European unit. I even used to own one with an armored triangle on the right sleeve and an 8th airforce patch on the left. Odd things do happen on US uniforms.

Another that I currently have (will have to post) has a Navy Amphibious patch on the right and an Army Amphibious patch on the left. This one is odd since we don't usually think it possible for someone to transfer between branches of the military, but I think that with specific solder, it's within the realm of logic that he would while performing the same job.
    Last edited by Eagle mtn; 01-24-2022 at 12:47 AM.

Quote by Eagle mtn View Post
    It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be one of the sub-units of the 10th Army. I have seen/owned many uniforms that have one patch from a Pacific unit and another from a European unit. I even used to own one with an armored triangle on the right sleeve and an 8th airforce patch on the left. Odd things do happen on US uniforms.

Another that I currently have (will have to post) has a Navy Amphibious patch on the right and an Army Amphibious patch on the left. This one is odd since we don't usually think it possible for someone to transfer between branches of the military, but I think that with specific solder, it's within the realm of logic that he would while performing the same job.
    It reminds me a lot of the North African theater patch, but it seems impossible for it to be so

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2