Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help on Home Guard Patch

Article about: I am putting together a display of a Home Guard solider, for my collection. I have an original SY3 shoulder patch that I would like to use. I know the SY is for Surry, but what company was 3

Default Help on Home Guard Patch

I am putting together a display of a Home Guard solider, for my collection. I have an original SY3 shoulder patch that I would like to use. I know the SY is for Surry, but what company was 3? Also what did their badge look like?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on Home Guard Patch  

Sorry about misspelling Surrey.

Quote by ekim2525 View Post
    I am putting together a display of a Home Guard solider, for my collection. I have an original SY3 shoulder patch that I would like to use. I know the SY is for Surry, but what company was 3? Also what did their badge look like?

Any help would be appreciated.
    I believe it would be the 3rd (Weybridge) Battalion and that the cap badge would be that of the East Surrey Regt but I am not really a student of the HG so I stand to be corrected.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks for the help.

Mike