Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying a Belt Buckle please

Article about: Could I get help with identifying this Belt buckle please?? Probably an Artillery/Infantry Regt due to the crossed canons at the bottom. I thought it was possibly Indian at first, but the Lo

Default Help identifying a Belt Buckle please

Could I get help with identifying this Belt buckle please??
    Probably an Artillery/Infantry Regt due to the crossed canons at the bottom.
    I thought it was possibly Indian at first, but the Logo at the top is very similar the one used by Siam.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    TY
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying a Belt Buckle please   Help identifying a Belt Buckle please  

My guess is some type of buckle from India.
    John

?

Not necessarily for artillery, as the guns are inverted (passive, rather than aggressive), so probably represent captive arms.

Many thanks for the info.

Could well be Thai, or then known as Siam. The symbols at the top look very much like Thai Royal crown and the elephant was the main symbol on the flag of Siam. In the late 1800's Thailand was modernizing it's military influenced by European traditions, hence the odd East meets West symbols.
    Last edited by Anderson; 02-06-2024 at 04:58 AM.