MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

HELP ON Royal Marine Commando cloth patches

Article about: i think post war , tunic dated 1945 , but are they to the tunic or post war put on

Default HELP ON Royal Marine Commando cloth patches

Attachment 1578327

i think post war , tunic dated 1945 , but are they to the tunic or post war put on

What are the width of RM and commando titles?

I dont like this set up as you nomally have a set of 3 displayed RM No.,Royal Marines and Commando , also why is it swen to a black cloth then onto the BD?

Looks a bit suspiscious.

You would need to do more research and check the BD for WD markings, you probably need to show more of the BD for comments and opinions.

Royal Marines Commando changed the design to the below in 1946, note this has pasteback reverse commonly used during WWII as a stiffener.

HELP ON  Royal Marine Commando cloth patches HELP ON  Royal Marine Commando cloth patches

Phill

the battle drees was on a auction site , not flee bay , but other sale room i was going to have a bid but i thought it was wrong , there was some medals but no paper work and a helmet no liner i think it sold for £750 + fees , glad i did not bid on it ,

thank you on this post , saved me some cash

You really cant tell from 1 image.

However If you are going to outlay a lot of monies , you should get provenance, do your research and ask questions.

I just turned down a so called rare sets of WWII NZ 1939-1941 cloth patches , these had no provenance , they are very rare to get if not impossible, and I received advice form an advance Kiwi collector.

The good point is we have not lost any monies (piece of mind) and live to fight another day!!

Phill

yes too wright on that , fakes all over the place , need places like this , to ask , and be sure , pays to ask thank you