Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with tunic identification

Article about: I need help in identifying this tunic, can anyone help me please? I can see that the issue date is 1938, but I can’t place the service!

Default Help with tunic identification

I need help in identifying this tunic, can anyone help me please? I can see that the issue date is 1938, but I can’t place the service!Help with tunic identificationHelp with tunic identificationHelp with tunic identification

Looks like a Khaki Drill bush jacket, used by the British Army, although I'm not familiar with the pattern. Without insignia, it would be impossible to narrow it down to a particular branch of service.

Regards, B.B.

Isn't that marking " /|\ " the maker mark for the British/Canadian helmet chinstrap mark ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Isn't that marking " /|\ " the maker mark for the British/Canadian helmet chinstrap mark ?
    If you're referring to the Broad Arrow or 'Crow's Foot', it's the standard marking for most British military equipment, used to mark government property. You'll find it on everything from helmets to cartridge cases. It's about as prevalent in British equipment as WaffenAmt markings are on German stuff.

Looking more closely at this jacket, it looks like it's been stripped of both its insignia and all of its buttons.

B.B.

CBH
    ?

The Canadian mark is a broad arrow in a "C", you'll find it on many items from cloth to helmets .

Case in point...

Help with tunic identificationHelp with tunic identificationHelp with tunic identification

Regards, B.B.

CBH
    ?

Thanks for sharing the legend to broad arrow stamps. It always helps to have an image to go by.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Thanks for sharing the legend to broad arrow stamps. It always helps to have an image to go by.
    I believe there are other types as well. An arrow inside a U signifies South Africa, for example. One such crow's foot is stamped on the trigger guard of my Sten.

Help with tunic identification

Regards, B.B.

I think it is royal marines tropical tunic, with the high collar
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.