Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home Guard Captain's jacket review

Article about: Hi, I'm looking at this jacket at the moment and would be grateful for all comments! I believe that the 10th Norfolk battalion was Norwich City. The unit badges are in line rather than (more

?

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Here is the exception to the Norfolk 'in-line' rule.

For more: British 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Norfolk Home Guard

This one is Great Yarmouth.

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin, cracking jacket with battalion badges applied in the official manner. Love it!

Also, just adding a still capture from the above video link for posterity in case the link changes or disappears over time. Quite why some Norfolk units did this we'll probably never know!

In case anyone new to Home Guard collecting is viewing this thread now or in the future it's worth noting this book:-

The Insignia and Uniforms of the LDV and the Home Guard 1940-1944 - by Jon Mills & Terry Carney (2008) and still available on Amazon:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Insignia-Un...s=books&sr=1-1

It's a very good indication of the numerous insignia variations and anomalies of the type discussed above!

Best regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Guard Captain's jacket review  
    Attached Images Attached Images Home Guard Captain's jacket review 

That's a nice still from a very interesting bit of film.

I live 10 minutes from King's Lynn and from the rifle range at Shouldham Warren in the film. The butts are in the midst of the pine forest now so it looks very different to the open terrain in the film.

Regards

Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2