Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ike Jacket Patch Placement

Article about: I was recently offered a pretty cool Ike jacket grouping from another collector who's downsizing. I was told by the collector offering it to me that the grouping was found by him years ago a

Default Ike Jacket Patch Placement

I was recently offered a pretty cool Ike jacket grouping from another collector who's downsizing. I was told by the collector offering it to me that the grouping was found by him years ago at an estate sale in his home state. It consists of an Ike jacket with an ADSEC shoulder patch and rocker on the left shoulder, and a bunch of loose insignia such as patches, collar insignia, visor cap eagle, and etc.

The grouping certainly has my attention, especially given the fact that the cloth German paratrooper badge was found with this lot at the estate sale. There is one piece in this group that is making me scratch my head though, and that's the Ike jacket. It's pretty bare as the only patches attached to it are the ADSEC shoulder patches and overseas service bars. I asked the seller if he could see any evidence of chevrons or a ruptured duck once being attached and he provided me with some really great photos. There's clear evidence of rank patches and a ruptured duck, but what confused me the most was the outline below the ADSEC patch.

The stitch outline below the ADSEC patch matches the same profile of the HQ ETO patch that's included with this group. From what I can gather the HQ ETO patch was authorized for wear in the immediate post war period. If that's truly the case why in the world would a vet remove this patch and replace it with the ADSEC one that is currently attached? If anything I would expect the ADSEC patch to be moved to the right shoulder and the HQ ETO added to the left.

I'm told by the collector 'Who's someone I trust' that this grouping was obtained from the estate sale exactly as it's shown here. I'd still like to purchase this grouping, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what's going on with the shoulder insignia.

Any and all thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Ike Jacket Patch PlacementIke Jacket Patch PlacementIke Jacket Patch PlacementIke Jacket Patch PlacementIke Jacket Patch Placement
    HQ ETO OUTLINE BELOW ADSEC PATCH
    Ike Jacket Patch Placement
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ike Jacket Patch Placement