MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Indian Army Ordnance Corps Warrant Officers No.1 Uniform

Article about: Hi all, Another No.1 Uniform from my collection. This is an Indian Army Ordnance Corps uniform although I'm not too sure of the exact date of this one, it is likely between 1922, when the cr

Default Indian Army Ordnance Corps Warrant Officers No.1 Uniform

Hi all,

Another No.1 Uniform from my collection. This is an Indian Army Ordnance Corps uniform although I'm not too sure of the exact date of this one, it is likely between 1922, when the crest was modified and 1954 when they dropped the "Indian" prefix and the logo was once again updated. This is from the buttons that all say "Indian Army Ordnance Corps".
    It has the bullion sleeve rank for a warrant officer/sergeant major, the collar dogs are "Royal Army Ordnance Corps" and not Indian Army Ordnance corps but these were on it when I purchased this and I see no signs of them being replaced. The ribbon bar on it consists of the WW1 War medal, the WW1 Victory Medal and the WW2 defence medal. The uniform has also had it's time in the sun with the shoulder buttons being faded out far more than the rest.
    In one of the pockets was a pair of metal RAOC shoulder titles, a Royal Army Ordnance Corp cap badge and a spare collar dog.

This came with a matching pair of trousers, matched by the dry cleaning labels that were pinned inside. These would come far past my stomach to try to wear them and I'm 5"11.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find any tailor labels or a name that this can be attributed to but it is an interesting piece regardless.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Indian Army Ordnance Corps Warrant Officers No.1 Uniform   Indian Army Ordnance Corps Warrant Officers No.1 Uniform  

Indian Army Ordnance Corps Warrant Officers No.1 Uniform   Indian Army Ordnance Corps Warrant Officers No.1 Uniform  

Indian Army Ordnance Corps Warrant Officers No.1 Uniform   Indian Army Ordnance Corps Warrant Officers No.1 Uniform  

?

Neat. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.