Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers Patrol Jacket

Article about: Hi all A recent addition to my collection, and should display nicely with my Indian Army Ordnance Corps patrol uniform once I rearrange my collection. This appears to be an inter-war Indian

Default Inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers Patrol Jacket

Hi all

A recent addition to my collection, and should display nicely with my Indian Army Ordnance Corps patrol uniform once I rearrange my collection.
    This appears to be an inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers patrol jacket, it shows signs of having rank pips to a Captain at least. I will see if I have any spare era correct pips to add. It has a few mothing patches throughout and there's no tailor labels or name in the uniform. The medal ribbons consist of the 1914/1914-15 star, the British War medal and what remains of a WW1 victory medal.
    The tunic/jacket itself appears to be a more austerity style pattern without the box pleats on the top pockets and lacking buttons on the bottom pockets. It does retain the button fastening cuffs.
    It also needs a good pressing out, I'm assuming this is due to how it was stored prior to my purchase.

The Indian Medical Service, whilst being a military medical service also had some civilian functions, traces its roots to around 1612 under the East India Company and not becoming more established in the armies until 1764. Although the singular military body first seperated from the civilian services under the name in 1858. The Indian Medical Service disbanded in August 1947 following the independence of India. However the IMS's role began to decline with the formation of the Indian Army Medical Corps in 1943 under the model of the Royal Army Medical Corps.

I hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers Patrol Jacket   Inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers Patrol Jacket  

Inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers Patrol Jacket   Inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers Patrol Jacket  

Inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers Patrol Jacket   Inter-war Indian Medical Service Officers Patrol Jacket