Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????

Article about: Hi all I bought this coat today cost me a little but I thought it was pretty cheap still.it is missing it's tag unfortantly which is why I got it at a reasonable price.Is this ww2 era? just

Default LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????

Hi all I bought this coat today cost me a little but I thought it was pretty cheap still.it is missing it's tag unfortantly which is why I got it at a reasonable price.Is this ww2 era? just wondering on peoples opinions and hope I spent my $120 well.lol
    thanks
    matty
    LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????

Certainly wartime. Originally worn in the ill fated Norway Campaign of 1940.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

that_is_great_thanks_ade....

?

Ade is correct, these are kapok filled coats that were made for the 1940 Invasion that never came off, however I understand that as these were not used for that, many were sent to the LRDG and SAS and used there. It does get cold at night in the desert.
    As a side note, I have about 20 of these unissued in the basement, they came in 2 styles, I will get photos later. All of mine have the tags and are dated 1940. Also many of mine have what looks to be dark oil stains on them. This is the oils of the kapok coming through.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Here are the 2 styles I have, the brass clip ones are 1940 dated, the toggle ones are 1942 dated.
    The first photo shows a bunch of them hanging up in my basement, there are a couple of Canadian Jeep coats mixed in with the Kapoks.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????

?

Dean give me a second to pick my jaw up off the floor I am starting to think a little virtual tour of your basement would make for a good thread a very nice collection of kapoc's sir.

Regards Mark

WOW_just_wow_what_a_great_collection.

I know this is an older thread, but I think it needs a couple pictures of the tropal coat in wear by the L.R.D.G.

LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????LRDG Tropal Coat ww2 ??????????

?

I still have several of these if anyone feels the need to own one.

Dean O
    Canada

Quote by CampX View Post
    I still have several of these if anyone feels the need to own one.

I wish I had known you were selling. I just bought mine from a dealer a couple months ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast