Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Lt. Bars as Captain Bars

Article about: I recently acquired this named 4th AAF officer's jacket from a seller in CA who indicated it came from the Veteran's estate but I have a couple of questions regarding its originality. The ja

Pretty steep prices Steve! I've not seen one with the Sam Browne belt.

I've also noticed it's far more common to see more basic insignia manufacturers as well. They either seem to have basic metal insignia or bullion.

Thank you guys for the nice comments on the jacket itself!

Obviously at a far different level but someone pointed this cap out that Heritage Auctions recently had. It's also an overseas cap and not a Class A jacket.

On the left is General Mark Clark's tan 1943 dated overseas cap with his rank as Major General.

Lt. Bars as Captain Bars

From the Collection of General Mark Clark: His Personal WWII | Lot #47969 | Heritage Auctions

Given my immense curiosity in this jacket, last week I contacted Golden Arrow Research to try and pull Mr. Duvall's records. As it turns out, his records were not destroyed in the fire in 1973 and Geoff was able to pull together a 52 page PDF.

The first page was is his Report of Separation which has Mr. Duvall listed as a Captain. Under Decorations and Citations it lists only American Theatre Ribbon and World War II Victory Medal.

Geoff indicated there is some interesting information in his file and I look forward to reading it.

Lt. Bars as Captain Bars

It appears he made Captain on June 24, 1947 and was relieved of active duty on August 9, 1947. From June 26 to August 9 he was on terminal leave.
    Last edited by aurelius180; 01-16-2016 at 05:30 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3