Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

More of my uniform collections: German Landser, US Army Private, early war

Article about: Attached my German Landser (Private) Everything you see is original, except the Feldbluse, which at this time I can’t afford as the prices are out of my reach. I do have the arms listed at

Default More of my uniform collections: German Landser, US Army Private, early war

Attached my German Landser (Private) Everything you see is original, except the Feldbluse, which at this time I can’t afford as the prices are out of my reach. I do have the arms listed at the bottom: Karabiner 98K, MP40, and MG 42 in my collection. I have shown a MG ammo belt around his neck, as seen in so many of the wartime pictures. As I understand the German Company was organized around the MG42 machine gun, and it had to be supplied with ammo, which was carried by the individual men attached to the company.

Also attach is a US Army Private, from the Tunisian Campaign. Using all early equipment and gear. Again everything is original, except the C-Ration Cans, which are in the pack and cannot be seen here. The meat can is complete and in its Pouch M-1928, attached to the back of the pack. The tent pole, pins and rope are rolled in the tent and again cannot be seen in the photo.

I have several more uniforms, including WW1, to show soon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More of my uniform collections: German Landser, US Army Private, early war   More of my uniform collections: German Landser, US Army Private, early war  

I believe we all started collecting these objects with meager bank accounts. As we age, income should go up and with that these things should become a little more affordable. Hard to foresee the near future in everything and I must admit after 71 years on earth I've never seen or experienced what young people are going through these days. If everything works out, you'll begin to acquire more of these items to build your collection.

In todays instant gratification world, collecting these things is a dull drab and unrewarding endeavor.

Your off to a good start, make it be known among friends, family and some business contacts your interest.

Back in the days of my youth and working outside sales I'd discuss with those decades older than me "what you had to live through I'll never know, what was it like for you during those times"? as their story unfolds and in your give and take, hint at your interest and you might be rewarded with what one fellow told me " I knew a guy who drank too much, he needed money for his drink and he offered me a WWII German dagger for a paltry sum" " I bought it and on your next visit I will have it for you to see"

He did, it was a mint condition SA dagger, anodized scabbard with Nickle accessories. He offered it to me for $50.00 and said I paid $20.00 for it when it was offered. Yes and I bought it!