Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my western allies bits

Article about: seems every time i want something every one come;s out . have seen very few shorts here . this is the only nz pair i have seen . stuff is just not that cheap here, i payed \\$40 for the water

Default my western allies bits

hi i thought i would start showing my small lot . i thought i would post most here in one spot .my photos are at times not the best and takes let;s say a bit of time. 99% is unused . first up is a minty kangol wear khaki beret 1945
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my  western allies bits   my  western allies bits  

Default Re: my western allies bits

next is 3 different types unused helmet nets for the mk2 helmet and so on
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my  western allies bits  

next is a dated 1944 pair nz made khaki shorts unused
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my  western allies bits  

British 37 patt water bottle unused strap is marked MEco 1940

the large back pack .i think they call the 08 modle ? i brought this in Bastogne/Belgium unused ,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my  western allies bits   my  western allies bits  

AIF
    ?

Nice little collection you have started there, the pack is a patt 08 large pack it just needs a set of valise and L straps now to finish it off, is there any markings in it? It looks to me like it may be an Indian made one.

thanks it says b.s.c.1942 there is another stamp but can not make it out .

AIF
    ?

Im not familiar with that maker but I still think its Indian, Im sure someone will be able to clarify that though. the kiwi shorts are also nice as is the beret I have an almost identical Australian made one.

the shorts have never been worn they did not come cheap as i was getting bid up but i thought if i was going to have a pair you cant not beat these .$109nz

AIF
    ?

Whoa!! Now that is expensive... you can usually pic up Australian ones on ebay unissued from between $20 to $50au I bought my unissued pair for $30 about 10 years ago and I thought I got ripped off lol my other pair were free so that evened it out a bit.
    Im not sure how hard kiwi ones are to find but I would have thought they would be just as easy, but judging that the price was in NZ dollars I guess not, still at the end of the day they are a nice pair of shorts and you are happy with them and thats all that matters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast