Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named ESB Officer's Uniform

Article about: Here is an ESB Officer's Uniform that I picked up earlier this year. The jacket and pants match and are both tailored by Haas Tailoring. It is named on the tailor's tag to James R. Main and

Default Named ESB Officer's Uniform

Here is an ESB Officer's Uniform that I picked up earlier this year. The jacket and pants match and are both tailored by Haas Tailoring. It is named on the tailor's tag to James R. Main and has his initials embroidered inside the jacket. It appears from NARA that he enlisted in February 1941 and based on the tailor's tag became an officer in August of 1942. The right shoulder has an ESB SSI, the left shoulder has a HQ ETO and Communication Zone SSI and the left breast pocket has an Amphibious Training Command patch. The collar brass are for ordnance and the rank is Major. The ribbon bar includes and ETO ribbon with Arrowhead and a French Croix de Guerre with palm.

Hopefully at some point I'll be able to search for his service records. I'd love to know if he was a D-Day vet.

Great score, cheers for showing!

?

Nice pick up!!!
    Great looking Jacket.

Semper Fi
    Phil

TWS
    ?

Fantastic pickup. Great uniform. Looking forward to what your research turns up.

I believe I had a set of greens tailored by Haas myself. My first set was by A. Jacobs and Sons. Then I had to buy an entire new set of greens because the Army decided to change the shade of green slightly. Anyway, if memory serves, that second uniform was by Haas.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I haven't been able to find out if he was a D Day vet but did confirm his ribbons via a newspaper article from 1969.

Great uniform..

Hope you will be able to find out if he was a D-Day veteran.. He has an invasion arrowhead so there may be a chance..

Best regards..

Smitty

Thanks! I talked to Geoff at Golden Arrow and unfortunately he doesn’t expect the Archives to open until at least May. I’m going to keep searching what I can in the meantime.