Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new editions to my collection khaki battledress's 1943 and 1944

Article about: 1943 battledress 1944 battledress I'm not sure if these were worn by a british or australian . I'd like to dress them up after they have a wash and iron . any idea's how is the best way to g

Default new editions to my collection khaki battledress's 1943 and 1944

1943 battledressnew editions to my collection khaki  battledress's 1943 and 1944new editions to my collection khaki  battledress's 1943 and 1944new editions to my collection khaki  battledress's 1943 and 1944

1944 battledressnew editions to my collection khaki  battledress's 1943 and 1944new editions to my collection khaki  battledress's 1943 and 1944new editions to my collection khaki  battledress's 1943 and 1944new editions to my collection khaki  battledress's 1943 and 1944

I'm not sure if these were worn by a british or australian . I'd like to dress them up after they have a wash and iron . any idea's how is the best way to go about it anyone ?

The markings look very similar to those I have seen on Indian made BD's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I would say they are indeed Indian made. Many of these KD BD's are.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The first 1 I paid $20 for the 2nd one that looks to be in a little better condition cost me $30 is that a OK price for these items ??? what sort of patches etc should I get to dress these up and make them look as they would have on the field ?

this category of uniform is new to me I would love them to be displayed on mannequins "dressed up" like they would have in the field .

They were a nice buy!

I would just put slip on shoulder titles on them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the info ade and jerry

You would need matching KD (Khaki Drill) trousers or KD shorts to go with them. Steel helmet/Headgear and webbing would be conventional.

Cheers, Ade.

whats the best way to wash them ade ? any idea's they don't seem dirty just a little stiff from bad storage .

A lot of these do feel stiff with age. Personally I would not wash them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast