Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nice US greatcoat,yardsale find,WW1?

Article about: Very nice greatcoat looks older style than a WW2,any info appreciated.

Default Nice US greatcoat,yardsale find,WW1?

Very nice greatcoat looks older style than a WW2,any info appreciated.The top button on front of coat shows no wear it was protected under the collar but the others seem to be a brass base underneath as some of the finish is worn off.Tag is unreadable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice US greatcoat,yardsale find,WW1?   Nice US greatcoat,yardsale find,WW1?  

Nice US greatcoat,yardsale find,WW1?   Nice US greatcoat,yardsale find,WW1?  

Nice US greatcoat,yardsale find,WW1?  

?

Its WWI

Yep WW1 nice one

Thanks guys!Makes it 100 years old,wow,dont know how the moths missed this one,but glad they did!Paid 5.00,needed an example to go with my ww2 greatcoat.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks guys!Makes it 100 years old,wow,dont know how the moths missed this one,but glad they did!Paid 5.00,needed an example to go with my ww2 greatcoat.
    Prick, you seem to get the bargains!!! hehehe!

Rene,sometimes you win sometimes you lose!Wont say how many yardsales I have been to with nothing but baby clothes and junk,I had this coat coming!

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Rene,sometimes you win sometimes you lose!Wont say how many yardsales I have been to with nothing but baby clothes and junk,I had this coat coming!
    don't I know it! been there done that! before the digital age most of my junk pile was sourced in that fashion.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-02-2017 at 04:23 AM. Reason: added text

Yard sale finds are as sweet as nectar because you know ..you will not be paying dealer mark up

Nice find TC ..looks to be in great condition

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys!This stuff is drying up but its still out there,just have to keep looking,eventually you will be at the right place at the right time.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 12-02-2017 at 04:48 PM.