Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions Wanted

Article about: Rossi Here, I am posting on behalf of our Collecting Semper Fi Brother - AZPHIL tonight as he is having computer issues. He snapped a couple pictures today at a building he is stationed at t

?

Default Opinions Wanted

Rossi Here,

I am posting on behalf of our Collecting Semper Fi Brother - AZPHIL tonight as he is having computer issues. He snapped a couple pictures today at a building he is stationed at this week. He wants data or wondering if anybody has seen this type of USAAF enlisted collar device. MSgt Uniform. They are normally solid and not cut out like this one. Any info would be great. Please opine when you can on the uniform pictures. The 3rd picture is to make sure he is paying close attention when looking at SS Items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Wanted   Opinions Wanted  

Opinions Wanted  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thank you very much Brother for posting this for me. All I have down here at Kessler AFB is my new tablet that I should have played with more before coming here. I have not figured out the save pics to it yet.
    Also if anybody can give me some input to ever seeing a collar device like the one shown, I would be interested in hearing what you have to say. This is the first type I have ever seen where it is not a solid brass disc with the propellers on it.
    The uniform belongs to a USAAF MSgt who donated it to the base and he was in the band stationed here at Kessler during WW2.

I like the #3 pic. Nice touch Bro

Thanks in advance
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I believe it's collar brass from the transitional period between the end of WW2 and the beginning of the Air Force proper. It resembles the later Air Force collar insignia which was a similar design but silver in color rather than brass.

Here is good write-up about that period:
    Transitional Period

Here is one offered by Flying Tiger Antiques:
    Flying Tiger Antiques Online Store: Rare Minty Ca. 1947 - 1949 USAF Enlisted Man Collar Insignia

I've seen 2 piece screw-back winged props that were
    mounted on brass disks before, but the first I've
    seen of this type in brass. I agree with Ed
    - a transitional piece.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

USAFFLAGRANKS.com Don't know if this will help...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Wanted   Opinions Wanted  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

You guys are AWESOME! Thank you very much for that site.Great info about the post WW2 AF uniforms. I was drooling when I saw this but now I know that it is a transitional piece. Im not feeling like I am missing something from my WW2 AAF TSgt uniform collection.
    Once again Thank You Ed and Gwar!
    And Thank you Kirk for posting those pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Crap! Philly Dog. I forgot to post the last picture you sent later in the day yesterday inquiring about whether the bonnet on this sun soldier was authentic or not. Sorry about that. Enjoy Mississippi and of course be careful! I would say "RUN PHILLY RUN...But to get away from her you can just walk like a sloth. My question is "Did she say...It rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again...?"

This ought to I guess rule out I get to post on your behalf again.
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions Wanted 

?

LMFAO. There are more rolls there than a bakery shelf. But there are those guys up north(Minnesota but im not saying names)(KR) that I know that like'em big to keep them warm at night during those cold winter seasons in the land of ice and snow. Man O Man there would be more jiggling during a visit to pound town than a bowl full of jelly sitting on an washing machine during the spin cycle!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi Bro
    Me

oh dear lord.. I'm outta here!

Opinions Wanted

?

Quote by uk cousin View Post
    oh dear lord.. I'm outta here!

Opinions Wanted
    run wehrmacht run!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast