Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

pre ww2 Australian tunic?

Article about: I bought this tunic when I first started collecting. When I bought it the seller said it was a "pattern 38 tunic" and I'm curious if what they said is correct or not. Any help is a

Default pre ww2 Australian tunic?

I bought this tunic when I first started collecting.
    When I bought it the seller said it was a "pattern 38 tunic" and I'm curious if what they said is correct or not.
    Any help is appreciated.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pre ww2 Australian tunic?  

Appears to be an "other ranks" Jacket in Khaki Drill, the type being introduced in 1906 by the British Army and used up until and during WW2. This type with two pockets is not actually a Warrant Officer version, which had 4 pockets. But promoted NCO's might still wear this type as a Warrant Officer. Never heard of a Pattern 38 jacket, though they did evolve.
    My NZ Army jacket here, is the Warrant Officer type.pre ww2 Australian tunic?

Nice tunic, never heard of 38 pattern
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The type is named "Khaki Drill" I have one still with the paper tag '41 and removable buttons.

Thanks for the wonderful tips guys

Red M.TX Melbourne textiles (many argue Red was post war, but ive seen wartime examples). Id be pretty confident this was a blank tunic thats been badged up by the previous owner or one before them. Badges show no wear and if you look behind them the tunic wont show badge wear either. W.O, Marksman, and Wireless unissued and unissued tunic. Still all authentic period pieces.

thanks for the useful information wizardman its very appreciated