Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Question about USAF Uniform

Article about: I recently purchased the pictured USAF Officer's Dress Uniform Jacket at a Goodwill Bin store for a very good price and would like help in identifying the owner. This uniform is for a Major

Default Question about USAF Uniform

I recently purchased the pictured USAF Officer's Dress Uniform Jacket at a Goodwill Bin store for a very good price and would like help in identifying the owner. This uniform is for a Major and based on the ribbons on the uniform it appears that this gentleman started service in WWII as an enlisted Aerial Gunner and based on the two awards of the Air Medal did see some combat probably towards the end of the war and participated also in the liberation of the Philippines. It the appears he saw service during the Korean War and received three Awards of the US Air Force longevity medal as well as the Reserve Long Service Medal. I would certainly appreciate any assistance in helping to identify the owner of this. One last note is that there is no name etc on the inside of the uniform on a tag etc but the mane on the name tag is "Gillen". Question about USAF UniformQuestion about USAF UniformQuestion about USAF UniformQuestion about USAF Uniform

You may have to locate a US Air Force Register and see if there are any Gillen's that went from enlisted to Officer. Being that there is also the Armed Forces Reserve Insignia with the Hourglass Device for 10 years of service in the Reserves, I would start with the Register.

Also a long shot but if there is a US Air Force base near where the Good Will Store was where this was purchased, you may have a chance of going to the base library and see if they have the registers..

Smitty

Thanks for those tip, will see what I can do!