Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RAF Air gunners uniform group

Article about: Hi Guys, this is a small uniform group from my collection. It was purchased directly from the Veteran by someone whom I knew, but he is now deceased. He promptly split the group up! I manage

Andy Baillie
    ?

Default Re: RAF Air gunners uniform group

I've recently bought a WW2 Air Gunner's Uniform too

A few of my bits on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Air gunners uniform group  
    Attached Images Attached Images RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group  RAF Air gunners uniform group 

Hi Andy, nice looking group!

I have added the pics to your post

What do you know about the airman?

Cheers, Ade.

I concur, that is a fantastic grouping. I particularly love the BD!

Gary

Ade...FANTASTIC!!! Now you are speaking my"language".
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Andy Baillie
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Andy, nice looking group!

I have added the pics to your post

What do you know about the airman?

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi, I don't know who he was, other than his Serial number written on the labels and his Fibre ID Discs. There is a little old pin badge on the lapel of the BD with the Portugese flag on it, and I've heard of crashed aircrew making their way through neutral countries and picking up souvenirs on the way...? Its a possibility.

It came with a Type E Aertex Flying Helmet, and Type G Oxygen Mask, Side Cap, Service Dress and War-Service Dress jackets, ID Discs, lots of insignia and a couple of old razors.
    One of the Razors has a cap on the end which comes off revealing the hollow inside. I don't know whether this was issued? I have read dubious articles about these razors being used by SOE and Aircrews, but am not entirely convinced

?

If its any help, going by the crown above the stripes the guy was a Flight Sergeant. Love seeing these with my families RAF ties. Does anyone know what variation of uniform used a flat silver button with the RAF wings and crown on it? Im guessing by looking at these that it wasn't from my Grandads standard battledress unless OR's had different tunic buttons. Figured it might have been from his tropical gear. Unfortunately most of Joes stuff was used for rags by him shortly after the war or worn to destruction! All I have is his service book, the pictures I posted elswhere, his medals and a pair of flying goggles he was given by a pilot. His issue Jacknife (the one with the Rhino Horn attachment!!) I swapped for a starwars figure when I was ten (If I could go back and slap myself as a kid I would!!!). And he's not lucid enough to elaborate at the moment (he has good weeks and bad ones). Im sure other items will turn up at some point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2