Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill Service Dress Jacket

Article about: Hi all, A part of my collection that I picked up a few years ago for a fair price. A salty, field repaired (potentially even field made there's that my repairs) Royal Artillery Officers Khak

Default Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill Service Dress Jacket

Hi all,

A part of my collection that I picked up a few years ago for a fair price. A salty, field repaired (potentially even field made there's that my repairs) Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill tunic/service dress jacket. There's numerous repairs across the entire uniform and a few holes where stiches have worn or the material has worn. It has also been damp at some point as there's a stippled/mottled effect over the entire uniforms material. The buttons are nearly worn smooth and it has slip on Royal Artillery slides that are wearing a bit thin too.

Unfortuantely there's no name or date inside this uniform which really makes it one of those pieces that I really sit and wonder what it would say if it could talk.

I hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill Service Dress Jacket   Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill Service Dress Jacket  

Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill Service Dress Jacket   Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill Service Dress Jacket  

Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill Service Dress Jacket   Royal Artillery Officers Khaki Drill Service Dress Jacket  

Almost looks local tailor made. Maybe Indian? Certainly a lot of hand stitching.

I hadn't thought about that possibility, but it does look largely hand or crudely sitiched.

I believe the officers versions were all private purchase, and in India you could get them made for a low price
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.