Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Navy Captain's tropical jacket

Article about: Picked this one up this morning before work. It's a Royal Navy tropical jacket with Captains eppaulettes. The buttons are king's crown and the shoulder boards are marked 'By Appointment to H

Default Royal Navy Captain's tropical jacket

Picked this one up this morning before work. It's a Royal Navy tropical jacket with Captains eppaulettes. The buttons are king's crown and the shoulder boards are marked 'By Appointment to His Majesty The King, Gieves Ltd'. It's named to a DJL Wood.

Royal Navy Captain's tropical jacket

Very nice tunic. These are often quiet stained (as my own example is) but this looks clean.

Theres some brown spots on the back, but not the front so should display nicely. I have tried it on and the neck is tiddly so this one is strictly for the collection! I'm going to sit down and repair the moth holes in the eppaulettes tonight, but other than that its in very nice condition. I left a WRENS jacket there as i don't collect womens kit, but the chap only wanted £25 for a kings crown Lieutenant's jacket which I thought was a steal!

Royal Navy (RN) Officers 1939-1945 -- A

Hi, May I suggest that you try the above link for RN Officers of WWII. Your man may well turn up
    Cheers Michael R

Thanks for the link, unfortunately he's not listed there though.

Shame!!!! Have you tried Googleing his name and initials? I was able to tie up an admiral that way!! Cheers MR

Its worth noting that this type of tunic was in use from the 1890's right up to the 1950's, so it may not be WW2.

Here is my one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Navy Captain's tropical jacket  

?

Mine was orange when I received it nut after a 6 hour soak and then a hot wash it has come up white.

The labels on mine were 1945 and 1946 but after the hot wash they are now illegible.

I'll dig out some photos

?