Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated

Article about: A brief history of the RWF and where it's battalions served in WWII. Most were attached to the 53rd Welsh Division as part of 12th Corps during Normandy and then as part of 30 Corps during t

?

Hi Bob,
    Thank you for your reply.
    This is indeed a great book on the RWF in WWI.
    But I am actually looking for October 1944, this is when they liberated our city.
    Besides literature, I especially hope to find some personal items from our liberators. Any direction/help will be most welcome.
    Cheers,
    Arno

the war the infantry knew is indeed a classic text on the infantry in the great war and the RWF in particular, as is Old Soldiers Never Die.

the recently released regimental records volume V part two covers 1940 to 1945 and is the most detailed account by the regiment and might have info you have not seen, not sure if you have it yet.

Finding RWF/SWB/Welch items with provenance is very hard and any RWF items can fetch a premium, things like WWII period badged BD's etc can very very pricey and hard to prove if they are all correct or not.

Wartime items such as officers side caps are almost impossible to find though OR's caps are more common but I have yet to see one with a known history.

I have items with known history but none for the period and area you are interested in.

My dad was 53rd Welsh division but was transferred to the middles east late 1941 so did not serve in Europe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated   Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated  

Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated   Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have other RWF tunics to share
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated   Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated  

Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated   Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated  

Regards,

Jerry

?

You are absolutely right, Old Soldiers never Die.
    Where we have the obligation to pass on their stories and inform younger generations what they have done for us.
    I do not have the recently released regimental records, can you please tell me where I can find this?

It is indeed very hard to find genuine items, please see below the small collection I managed to gather over the past years. These are items related to the liberation of our city ‘s-Hertogenbosch. Pictures, memoires and other (personal) documents are even harder to find. If you know any dealers or fellow collectors who want to sell/trade, please PM me.

Much respect for your dad, treasure his legacy.
    Love your collection, impressive items. Something you can be very proud of.

?

Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers SD tunic 1943 dated

Love the 53rd RWF helmet.

I have quite few items of cloth among my welsh collections

Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Raaf14 View Post
    You are absolutely right, Old Soldiers never Die.
    Where we have the obligation to pass on their stories and inform younger generations what they have done for us.
    I do not have the recently released regimental records, can you please tell me where I can find this?

It is indeed very hard to find genuine items, please see below the small collection I managed to gather over the past years. These are items related to the liberation of our city ‘s-Hertogenbosch. Pictures, memoires and other (personal) documents are even harder to find. If you know any dealers or fellow collectors who want to sell/trade, please PM me.

Much respect for your dad, treasure his legacy.
    Love your collection, impressive items. Something you can be very proud of.
    the book can be found on ebay, or amazon or direct from the regimental museum in Caernarvon castle

Regimental Records of the Royal Welch Fusiliers Volume V, 1918-1945: Part... 9781912390779 | eBay
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Hi Jerry,
    Great, definitely going to get this book. Already looking forward to go through it. Thank you so much for pointing this out to me.
    Stunning collection you have, love it.
    Thanks for all your help mate
    Cheers,
    Arno

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3