MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SAAF Observer BD

Article about: I've had this for a bunch of years as well. I have his medals and ribbons that go on the jacket but they are still packed away. For the life of me I can't remember his name. Senn or Senne co

Default SAAF Observer BD

I've had this for a bunch of years as well. I have his medals and ribbons that go on the jacket but they are still packed away. For the life of me I can't remember his name. Senn or Senne comes to mind but I don't know if that is correct.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAAF Observer BD   SAAF Observer BD  

SAAF Observer BD  

Default Re: SAAF Observer BD

G'day Gary

Fantastic minty set, I'd love to see more detail of the jacket as I've never seen a South African made one, thanks for this post, it's much appreciated from my end.
    The wool looks identical to a type of wool for the Aussie four pocket wool service jacket. There is allot of variation in the wool in Aussie jackets

Hi Rene,

No problem. Let me know what shots you want and I'll post them tomorrow(it's 10pm here at the moment!).

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by reneblacky View Post
    G'day Gary

Fantastic minty set, I'd love to see more detail of the jacket as I've never seen a South African made one, thanks for this post, it's much appreciated from my end.
    The wool looks identical to a type of wool for the Aussie four pocket wool service jacket. There is allot of variation in the wool in Aussie jackets

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    Hi Rene,

No problem. Let me know what shots you want and I'll post them tomorrow(it's 10pm here at the moment!).

Cheers
    Gary
    Thanks Garry,
    just of the buttons,waist buckle and neck closure and a liner shot if that's ok with you

Here you are...
    Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Thanks Garry,
    just of the buttons,waist buckle and neck closure and a liner shot if that's ok with you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAAF Observer BD   SAAF Observer BD  

SAAF Observer BD   SAAF Observer BD  

SAAF Observer BD  

G'day Gary

Great shots thanks mate! I'll have to look at them in detail a little later.

Merry Xmas

cool Battledress BD, not many South African made examples about, though I have one by the same maker and it's good to see another one.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.