Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Are these Canadian flashes period applied?

Article about: Recently got a Canadian BD with flashes. I’m no expert but they look period applied to me judging by the reverse, but I’d love to hear what everyone on this forum thinks of them

?

Default Are these Canadian flashes period applied?

Recently got a Canadian BD with flashes. I’m no expert but they look period applied to me judging by the reverse, but I’d love to hear what everyone on this forum thinks of themAre these Canadian flashes period applied?Are these Canadian flashes period applied?Are these Canadian flashes period applied?Are these Canadian flashes period applied?Are these Canadian flashes period applied?Are these Canadian flashes period applied?

?

Sorry folks, not sure why the images uploaded sideways

100% correct. Nice jacket to a good unit, rare subsection being a machine gun unit of the 3rd Division. Well don, it would be prized for any Canadian collector.

History – The Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa Foundation

?

Thanks for your reply. The stitching looked textbook to me, but as with everything in my collection, I always like a second opinion. I’m super happy with this tunic and was lucky to be able to purchase it. Feels good to finally have a period tunic to a DDAY unit!

Thanks again - Dirk

Nice item, it looks unworn.
    Any chance of a few pictures of the whole blouse including any labels etc?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks for your kind words watchdog. The tunic is in great condition, especially the insignia, but on the inside there are a few period repairs, the collar was tailored back to a pre 1943 brass hook, and there is some slight sweating on the interior. Forgive me as I didn’t take the blouse of the form, but I’ve included a couple detailed shots along with a few of the original listing photos. I’d love to hear back from you with your opinions

-Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these Canadian flashes period applied?   Are these Canadian flashes period applied?  

Are these Canadian flashes period applied?   Are these Canadian flashes period applied?  

Are these Canadian flashes period applied?   Are these Canadian flashes period applied?