Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two new Ike Jackets including an ADSEC Ike

Article about: Hey guys, my dad just recently got me these two Ike's at an antique market for \\$40 for the pair. The 28th inf division jacket just has the ribbons and the three battle stars which is nothing

?

Default Two new Ike Jackets including an ADSEC Ike

Hey guys, my dad just recently got me these two Ike's at an antique market for $40 for the pair. The 28th inf division jacket just has the ribbons and the three battle stars which is nothing that special. Its the ADSEC jacket i was surprised at. What's the rarity of the ADSEC patch? It is marked with the mans last name which is Brattland, i did a quick look up and only one result came up NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)
    What do you guys think? Each jacket is dated 44.

Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two new Ike Jackets including an ADSEC Ike   Two new Ike Jackets including an ADSEC Ike  

Two new Ike Jackets including an ADSEC Ike   Two new Ike Jackets including an ADSEC Ike  

Two new Ike Jackets including an ADSEC Ike  

Default Re: Two new Ike Jackets including an ADSEC Ike

I l ike the 28th jacket good grab for 40$ Tell your dad hes a good father lol

ADSEC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you got an absolute bargain

Your Dad did very well for that price.
    two great jacket.
    chris

?

Yea hes awesome i love him to death.. Today was a fine example of the jokes he plays on me, well he goes to some random antique mall in southern wisconsin and sends me picture of some Ikes he found. I told him get the two pictured because they were the best. He said ok and around 10 min later tells me that they didnt except credit cards. I said go on your phone and look ATM or chase bank on google. He responds back "there isnt one for another 25 miles away" by then i was so disappointed that i missed out on these Ikes. He said sorry we'll go back next weekend, i was thinking "god they are going to be gone by then..." When i came over to his house to review for a math test tomorrow i go upstairs in my room to put some things away, then i look on my bed and the ikes were sitting ontop of eachother. My dad comes upstairs seeing me dumbfounded and he just laughs and goes back down...
    My typical dad lol
    Ryan

My dad lent me the money for the SS dagger blade I got and gave me some M2 ball ammo for my Bday so I can not complain as well

?

Dads are always the best lol, my dad always thinks my room smells like an antique mall, and hates going in there.
    Idk what hes talking about i never smell it!!
    Ryan

I notice the smell when I go in my room of canvas, brass, cosmoline, wool and other old militaria and its GLORIOUS

Wait till you guys build up a large collection, then you'll get a whiff, Wifey ordered me to open up the window! as it was drifting throughout the house! and I'm spewing cuz I like it too!!!!

Your Dad is a star!

Nice buys!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!