Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two US Uniforms

Article about: I just bought these 2 uniform groupings at a local flea market today. I've just recently gotten into collecting these uniforms, so don't know too much about them; but they look good to me I

Default Two US Uniforms

I just bought these 2 uniform groupings at a local flea market today. I've just recently gotten into collecting these uniforms, so don't know too much about them; but they look good to me I just wanted to show them here and get any opinions or additional information on them. It appears that some patches have been removed, but I believe the shoulder insignia is from the "China Burma India" Theater.

Two US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US Uniforms

Here's the other group that I got, I don't know much about this, but it intrigued me so I bought it haha:

Two US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US Uniforms

The first is a CBI (China Burma India) 4 pocket to an enlisted man. It appears to have had 3 overseas bars (denoting 1.5 years overseas) and Staff Sergeant insignia removed at some point. In the bottom right-hand pocket there should be a QM tag which will date the coat. Check the undersides of the pants pockets for a QM tag as well. There may also be one along the tail of the shirt. Is there any handwriting in the coat? Oftentimes a soldier would write his laundry number (first initial of his last name and last four of his service number) or, even better, a full last name or full name.

The second coat is an officer's summer tan coat. Check the inside pockets for name tag. It appears it once had collar brass that has unfortunately been removed. I usually see summer tans for AAF officers and this looks to have once had wing and prop insignia on the lapel.
    Last edited by aurelius180; 01-01-2018 at 04:17 AM.

Thanks for the info, I'll look and upload more pictures soon!

Here's some more pictures from the CBI Uniform, the coat has "H-1896" written inside, the tag also dates the coat to June 5, 1943. The last two pictures are of the pants, though I have no idea what all the random numbers are written inside the pants:

Two US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US Uniforms

Here are some more pictures from the Summer Officers Uniform, not 100% sure what the stamp in the 3rd picture says, but it looks like "USAF Reject"? :

Two US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US UniformsTwo US Uniforms

I'm assuming both of these would be examples of more of a "dress style" uniform?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the poly shirt is from the 60's

The tan shirt that is stamped "USAF Reject"? Or the darker green shirt?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    The tan shirt that is stamped "USAF Reject"? Or the darker green shirt?
    USAF reject - USAF started out in '48

Yes, the Air Force became a separate branch from the army in September 1947, so when you see USAF that's certainly post war. Not terribly uncommon to see USAAF soldiers serving post war and into the Korea and even Viet Nam.

I'm not the best at post war stuff but the shirt looks to be dated 1964.

Anything in the pockets of the jacket itself?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast