Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

UAAAF Lt Ike Jacket, Overcoat, shirts

Article about: I found a WWII USAAF (8th Air Force patch) Ike Jacket with Lieutenant bar on shoulders, 2 shirts, plus an overcoat at a yard sale. These were from a Lieutenant Singleton of Stoneham, MA (nam

agee
    ?

Default USAAF Lieutenant Ike Jacket, Overcoat, shirts, etc

I found a WWII USAAF (8th Air Force patch) Ike Jacket with Lieutenant bar on shoulders, 2 shirts, plus an overcoat at a yard sale. These were from a Lieutenant Singleton of Stoneham, MA (name written in black on collar) and he served in WWII. In this lot was also a Navy blue shirt from WWII (?) The condition of the lot was very good
    There were no wings or other decorations on the Jackets or shirts The owner wanted $100.00 for the lot. I passed, but I took his phone number. I did buy the 2 overseas hats that went with the set (someone had removed the lieutenant bar on both hats)-one hat in excellent condition and one in good condition. I also bought a set of sergeant stripes at the sale.
    I have no photos and I am a beginner collector and I don't know much about these items or their value.
    My question is was $100 for the lot a good buy?
    Should I have bought the lot?
    Should I call him back and make an offer?
    Are these items sought after and in demand? Are they hard to find?
    What is the value?
    I am new on the site and I hope it is ok to ask for valuations
    Last edited by agee; 10-27-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Default Re: UAAAF Lt Ike Jacket, Overcoat, shirts

If the person also had ID on who wore the jacket and perhaps some of his history and a photo, I would have paid $100 for all. No more. Without ID, not worth $100. It also depends on jacket condition and type of patch. Was it metal thread type or cloth patch? Blue Airforce or green Aircorp? Are you sure it was WW2? Lots of questions to ask. Still, $100 was OK. You wouldnt re-sell it for any more.

FG

agee
    ?

Default Re: UAAAF Lt Ike Jacket, Overcoat, shirts

The Ike jacket, etc were worn by a Lt Singleton of Stoneham, MA. His name was written in black on the collar. No photos. The patch was blue Air Force, I believe. He served during WWII so I believe this to be a WWII uniform
    It appears that I was correct in passing on this lot. If anyone has any interest I have the owner's contact information.
    Is $100 the price for the whole lot or just the Ike jacket?
    In the lot were also 2 shirts and a longer dress jacket (not overcoat), and a navy sailor's shirt. I did buy the 2 overseas hats, but they are missing the lieutenant's bar.