Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Uniform Jacket

Article about: Hello everyone, This one has had me stumped for a while now, it came with a few other unrelated uniforms. It is in very bad condition and has no visible markings. All of the buttons are miss

?

Default Unknown Uniform Jacket

Hello everyone,

This one has had me stumped for a while now, it came with a few other unrelated uniforms.
    It is in very bad condition and has no visible markings. All of the buttons are missing except the ones on the sleeves. There is also an odd green/ blue piping around the sleeves. This one has many repairs so it must have been used quite a bit.
    I know absolutely nothing about this one, so any information would be helpful. I have been searching but with no luck. I don't even know what to search under.
    Unknown Uniform Jacket
    Unknown Uniform Jacket
    Unknown Uniform Jacket
    Unknown Uniform Jacket
    Unknown Uniform Jacket
    The buttons look like a repair so they might not even be original to the uniform. The piping colour Is actually very bright, it came out darker in the photos.
    If I had to take a guess I would think French or Spanish.
    All replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Daniel

MAP
    ?

Porto is a city in Portugal. Tavares is a Portuguese name....so.... maybe it's a Portuguese tunic?

Tavares (surname) - Wikipedia.

But if the buttons have been added afterwards. Then I have no clue. But I'm sure someone will recognize it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks MAP! Now searching for portuguese uniforms just greatly narrowed my search. I have found a few that are very similar but none exactly the same yet.

Regards,
    Daniel

Similar rear design to an Australian drill jacket. wish I could help more! but it looks British? just throwing it out there?

I don't remember seeing a british kd jacket with piped cuffs, I would go with spain/portugal as suggested
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.