Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

US 28th Inf Div dress tunic, wool shirt and tie

Article about: I have always wanted a tunic from the "Bloody Bucket" division. My girlfriend got me this as a gift. Can't ask for a better girl than someone who buys you militaria! The wool shirt

Default US 28th Inf Div dress tunic, wool shirt and tie

I have always wanted a tunic from the "Bloody Bucket" division. My girlfriend got me this as a gift. Can't ask for a better girl than someone who buys you militaria!

The wool shirt is in near mint condition and the tag is very crisp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 28th Inf Div dress tunic, wool shirt and tie   US 28th Inf Div dress tunic, wool shirt and tie  

US 28th Inf Div dress tunic, wool shirt and tie  

Default re: US 28th Inf Div dress tunic, wool shirt and tie

After finding a name in the tunic, I learned this info today!

Hubert (Masters) was born on March 14, 1920 and passed away on Thursday, November 11, 2010.

Hubert was a resident of Ridley Park, Pennsylvania at the time of his passing.

He was a graduate of Overbrook Hight School class of 1938.

He served in the US Army as a Staff Sergeant during WW2 and received a Purple Heart Medal for being wounded in Normandy, American Defense Service Medal, European African Middle Eastern Service Ribbon and a Bronze Star.

I will try to contact family tonight!

Not much interest in these eh?

I just tried calling some numbers of people who are probably related to him, but nobody was available.

Hi Mo, your lady is a star.

Keep plugging away on fining more about his service history.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice score mo similar to the 99th uniform my girlfriend got me I think we have some keepers . They are both Pennsylvania units too!

Very cool!

Mo ! i do not know much about us uniform but i would love to know more if you can find family or more info on this Soldier .I always found interesting what you can history somebody can find on war heroes . keep us updated if you can .
    Thanks
    Frenchy

?

Nice 4 pocket.

Quote by frenchy View Post
    Mo ! i do not know much about us uniform but i would love to know more if you can find family or more info on this Soldier .I always found interesting what you can history somebody can find on war heroes . keep us updated if you can .
    Thanks
    Frenchy
    Frenchy, U.S. uniforms like this are very fun to collect. They are cheap, plentiful, and each one tells a unique story. They also look very nice!

I will update this thread as soon as I find out more info. I would love to hear about his injuries in Normandy, and how he won his Bronze Star. Thank you for your comments guys.

A bit more research has allowed me to discover the following additional info:

Hubert T. Masters, Jr. was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was born in 1920. His grandparents were from Ireland. As of 1930, he had one older and three younger brothers. He got married on October 23rd, 1941, to Madeline Crooks, only a few months after he enlisted on April 19th, 1941. He is listed as having been a sheet metal worker with two years of high school.

The fact that he went from Private to Staff Sergeant during his wartime service with the 28th division really intrigues me and I look forward to finding out more info. Tomorrow I will begin researching his brothers. A younger brother or two may still be alive.