Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

US 38th Infantry Division Uniform

Article about: Hello, I got this tunic with an ensemble of the standard US service dress. This Technician (fifth grade) appears to have been an infantryman in the 38th (Cyclone) Infantry Division, which la

Default US 38th Infantry Division Uniform

Hello,

I got this tunic with an ensemble of the standard US service dress. This Technician (fifth grade) appears to have been an infantryman in the 38th (Cyclone) Infantry Division, which largely took part in the liberation of the Philippines, Bataan is especially credited to their involvement. He also appears to have been attached to an Armored unit, but I'm unsure of which unit specifically. Enjoy.

- - ------- - -

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 38th Infantry Division Uniform   US 38th Infantry Division Uniform  

US 38th Infantry Division Uniform   US 38th Infantry Division Uniform  

US 38th Infantry Division Uniform  

?

That looks great. Have you looked up his laundry number?

Search | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

It will narrow it down to 32 guy's to research

Semper Fi
    Phil

There's a faint name and what may be a serial number written on the belt, but it's extremely difficult to make out clearly.

?

The laundry number is that number D7490 thats written on the back flap by the collar. Sorry I don't know the correct term for section of the jacket.
    It also looks like there is more than one but the other is crossed out. Maybe you can decipher the name from the list on that site.
    Semper Fi
    Phil