Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Army Air Corps Airship Pilot Uniform

Article about: My crosstown friend scored this rare Airship (blimp) pilot uniform at the SOS. While the wings in metal are rare, bullion is even more so, especially in this quality. Per my friend: "Th

Default US Army Air Corps Airship Pilot Uniform

My crosstown friend scored this rare Airship (blimp) pilot uniform at the SOS.
    While the wings in metal are rare, bullion is even more so, especially in this quality.

Per my friend:

"The Dirigible tunic set up on 1930 riding breeches, expensive side lace officer side boots of the same period, as this officer would have looked about 1921. U.S. uniforms pre WWII more colorful than the more common WWII Pink and Greens. Breeches are custom flared, dated 1930 to Lt. Ramsome (early flyer). Boots have never been polished and still retain the original lacquer finish on high quality boots."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Air Corps Airship Pilot Uniform   US Army Air Corps Airship Pilot Uniform  

US Army Air Corps Airship Pilot Uniform   US Army Air Corps Airship Pilot Uniform  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

close-up of the wings--has to be the best US bullion work I have seen:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Air Corps Airship Pilot Uniform  

?

Thank you Sir for posting the whole uniform. It is an amazing set up. Those boots look like they were spit shined to a Marine high gloss. Your friend picked up a beautiful grouping.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 03-11-2020 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Spelling/spacing correction made while on Phone

Blimp pilot portrait (albeit with the metal wings):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Air Corps Airship Pilot Uniform  

Absolutely stunning piece of tailoring in fantastic condition no wonder your cross town friend snapped it up it will slot in superbly with his phenomenal collection. Thanks for showing ,Regards Paul