Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US B-3 Flying Jacket

Article about: I have not seen a lot of flight gear posted here lately so here is the nicest B-3 jacket I've ever owned. It is large and the condition is so good that I originally thought it might be a rep

Default US B-3 Flying Jacket

I have not seen a lot of flight gear posted here lately so here is the nicest B-3 jacket I've ever owned. It is large and the condition is so good that I originally thought it might be a reproduction. This was picked up at a church rummage sale about a year ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US B-3 Flying Jacket   US B-3 Flying Jacket  

US B-3 Flying Jacket   US B-3 Flying Jacket  

US B-3 Flying Jacket  

?

Default re: US B-3 Flying Jacket

Holy Cow, what a nice find in a rummage sale. And a 44L to boot ! Nice piece of aviation history.

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    I have not seen a lot of flight gear posted here lately so here is the nicest B-3 jacket I've ever owned. It is large and the condition is so good that I originally thought it might be a reproduction. This was picked up at a church rummage sale about a year ago.

Very Nice Gary!! I like the two tone types. Great condition. Treasures are still out there to find.

Many vets here are passing away every day, and some families, relatives etc have no respect for this stuff. Just an old jacket to them. If i was going to count on my fingers how many times I have found things just like this, sometimes even luckier (Luger find) I would have to take my shoes off to keep counting.

Here is a pic of a nice Very rare 55J14 jacket I found about 10-15 years ago. It is the very first "G-1 jacket"

I had the matching pants to your jacket in like new condition, Med size. Just have pics of them now, sold them about a year ago for a measly 90 bucks.

I have a lot of AAF stuff, and you are right, not enough posts on US and allied stuff here sometimes.

I think I will do more of my US/Allied stuff too.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US B-3 Flying Jacket   US B-3 Flying Jacket  

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    No way I would ever think this was a repro. You cannot fake age these jackets. I bet the jacket has one of my favorite smells also, WW2. The smell of an old leather jacket can NEVER be faked. Most WW2 items will have a distinct "odor" that I look for, and actually like.

Great jacket again Gary, what did you give for it. What are the shoulder tabs on it? more pics?

Regards, Steve