Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' Jacket

Article about: Hello all, I just received this jacket in the mail today and was very excited to get it! I found it online listed for cheap and was happy to purchase it as I have rarely seen the combat medi

Default US Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' Jacket

Hello all, I just received this jacket in the mail today and was very excited to get it! I found it online listed for cheap and was happy to purchase it as I have rarely seen the combat medical badge before. I really like this jacket and just wanted to show it off here; Also, the badge is not marked but I'm assuming its WW2 Era? Any and all opinions and comments are much appreciated as always!

US Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' JacketUS Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' JacketUS Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' JacketUS Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' JacketUS Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' JacketUS Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' JacketUS Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' Jacket

Love the early date!

?

Nice one, CH!
    No name or laundry mark, by the looks of it (pity), but a fabulously honest jacket. Really nice example from an unusual unit.
    You never know, if you can find a good divisional history, you might even be able to pin him down from the insignia and ribbons. Long shot, but the duty, rank and service could be very helpful...
    Great stuff,
    Bob

?

Nice early coat with the belt ramps. Pinback medics badge is a plus. Is the ribbon bar pinback? Collar devices screwback or clutchback? Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Looks like all the tic marks are checked on this one... I honestly believe this uniform has been unaltered or touched. I believe all insignia original to the jacket..

Nice early date as stated, and many Pacific vets returned home wearing with their pre war dress uniforms such as this one.. The Eisenhower jacket (Ike jacket) was more of an ETO thing but with that said, there were some Soldiers who served in the ETO and then shipped to the Pacific and returned home from the PTO with their Ike jackets on..

Nice to see a PTO uniform from the 25th Infantry Division,,, As Bob has indicated finding a 25th Infantry Division unit history with information about the medical sections/detachments may give you a search point for a name..

I have a copy of the WW2 25th Infantry Division unit history.. When time allows I will look through to see if there are any possibilities of a match..

Good looking uniform..

Smitty

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Nice early coat with the belt ramps. Pinback medics badge is a plus. Is the ribbon bar pinback? Collar devices screwback or clutchback? Rich A. in Pa.
    Ribbon bar and collar devices are clutchback, I also did find a number (maybe ASN) stamped inside the collar of the jacket. I can’t upload pictures right now but will when I can soon!

Writing is not super clear but I'm assuming this may be his ASN? I haven't even had time to do any research as I'm off to work but hopefully I can look into this later tonight:

US Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' JacketUS Combat Medic's 'Tropic Thunder Divisiom' Jacket

If this is the SN that I am reading.... 34543584,, then This may be your Soldier...

Can't really tell with wrinkles, but this is one of a few number combinations that it could be...

Smitty

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 34543584
    NAME HENDRY, HUBERT M.
    RESIDENCE: STATE 42 FLORIDA
    RESIDENCE: COUNTY 071 LEE
    PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 4213 CP BLANDING FLORIDA
    DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 13 13
    DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 02 02
    DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 42 42
    GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private
    GRADE: CODE 8 Private
    BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION BI# Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
    BRANCH: CODE 00 Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
    FIELD USE AS DESIRED # #
    TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
    LONGEVITY ### ###
    SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life
    NATIVITY 42 FLORIDA
    YEAR OF BIRTH 23 23
    RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen
    EDUCATION 3 3 years of high school
    CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 992 Undefined Code
    MARITAL STATUS 6 Single, without dependents
    COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)
    CARD NUMBER # #
    BOX NUMBER 0815 0815
    FILM REEL NUMBER 3.237 3.237

Thanks for the info! The writing is quite wrinkly and faded so it’s just as hard to see in person, but I’ll keep checking it out and hopefully will be able to determine more about it!

?

Just reviewing this thread, and after much straining, I think that number may be 34543384 (?)
    If so, the possible owner was:

Record: Frank B. Pearson – 34543384

Residence: Duval, Florida

Date of Enlistment: 9 February 1943

Place of Enlistment: Cp Blanding Florida

Component of the Army: Selectees (Enlisted Men)

Branch: Unknown

Source of Army Personnel: Civil Life

Nativity: Negro, citizen

Year of Birth: 1923

Education: 1 year of college

Civilian Occupation: Mail carriers

Marital Status: Single, without dependents

Known Grades: Private

Known Units: There are currently no known units for this record.

Interesting that he may have been a negro soldier (to use the period terminology), but I am at a loss to explain the presence of the large ‘N’ written above the number. It has no bearing on this gentleman’s name.

Any chance of pulling the cloth flat and photographing it again? Or perhaps you could try ironing it (if you know how one of those darned things work)!

Cheers,
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast