Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USAAF Brigadier Generals uniform

Article about: Hello everyone, i'm interested in purchasing this supposed ww2 USAAF brigadier generals uniform. I was hoping if some of you guys could help me figure out if its an original uniform or if it

?

Default USAAF Brigadier Generals uniform

Hello everyone, i'm interested in purchasing this supposed ww2 USAAF brigadier generals uniform.
    I was hoping if some of you guys could help me figure out if its an original uniform or if it has been put together.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Brigadier Generals uniform   USAAF Brigadier Generals uniform  

USAAF Brigadier Generals uniform   USAAF Brigadier Generals uniform  

MAP
    ?

All I can say is that HS&M is a quality manufacture of suits so who ever bought this probably had a higher grade salary if it was made to measure instead of "off the rack".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you Michael, would you happen to know what the patch on the left sleeve is for? I can't seem to identify it

MAP
    ?

Sorry. My US uniform and insignia knowledge is lacking.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Veterans administration patch

?

Thanks RH, I swear I must've spent a half hour looking up different patches trying to find it LOL

?

I would think he would be wearing a senior or Command set of pilot wings for that rank if USAAF. The Air medal has 3 bronze stars so he flew at least for the 8th AF that would be 20 mission (5 per award)
    I'm not great on ribbons but an a bottom row(L-R) American campaign, Asiatic pacific Campaign(1 silver star(5) and 1 bronze star(1) Total of 6 campaigns in the PTO), WW2 campaign
    Top (L-R)looks like silver star, Maybe Distinguished flying cross, Hard to make it out, But 4 oak leave makes that a total of 5 DFC's awarded. Then the air medal with 3 bronze oak leaf for a total of 4 air medals awarded .

Are the overseas service bars on the wrong sleeve? shouldn't they be on the left sleeve?

Or is that just service time stripes?? Its army I'm not good with their strips.

With that much flying awards I think the wings should be at the least a senior pilot wing.

Could the VA be a post war position?

Still a very nice set up.
    Are the General stars maker marked?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks for the reply Phil,
    Overseas bars are worn on the right sleeve on uniforms designated as Class A uniforms for formal wear/official events. I would believe that the Veterans affairs position would be postwar, and perhaps even the rank? might explain the standard Pilot wings instead of the commanders

?

Thanks for the reply Phil,
    Overseas bars are worn on the right sleeve on uniforms designated as Class A uniforms for formal wear/official events. I would believe that the Veterans affairs position would be postwar, and perhaps even the rank? might explain the standard Pilot wings instead of the commanders

?

didn't mean to reply twice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast