Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

USMC and US Army B.A.R. Gunner Uniforms, from my collection.

Article about: USMC, early war uniform display. This uniform is made up of all early equipment. I do have later gear, but used the earlier items, because my coat is really ragged and well worn, as is my he

Default USMC and US Army B.A.R. Gunner Uniforms, from my collection.

USMC, early war uniform display. This uniform is made up of all early equipment. I do have later gear, but used the earlier items, because my coat is really ragged and well worn, as is my helmet cover. All are original, no repros here. I have used a Hospital Bolo instead of a bayonet as I see them used this way. Also have seen many pictures of Marines wearing the camo helmet cover but just the Utility Coat. Have a USMC Blanket, that is rolled inside the Shelter Half. Also included the Shoulder Holster and Pistol, as seen in photos again.

US Army Private, B.A.R. gunner. Again all early equipment and uniform. I read somewhere that the Browning Automatic Rife was referred to as a B.A.R. and not BAR, during WWII, as seen in movies and many books. Am I correct on this? I guess if you called back and ask for a BAR they may send you a crowbar instead of the rifle, Ha Ha. The Gunner carries twelve magazines in his belt, and I believe he had two assistants who also carried magazines. The rest of the company did not carry any. In the English army I am led to believe the rest of the company all carried magazines for the Bren Gun in their Basic Pouches. In the German army the troops carried MG belts around their neck, as seen in many photos. Thus both the English and Germans seemed to have plenty of ammo for their automatic weapons. Again if I am wrong let me know.

Three more uniforms to follow:
    WWII Italian
    WWI US Doughboy and a English Private
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC and US Army B.A.R. Gunner Uniforms, from my collection.   USMC and US Army B.A.R. Gunner Uniforms, from my collection.  

Amazing stuff! Really complete collection and cool display
    Joey

CBH
    ?

Your correct about the British and Commonwealth both carried Bren mags in their pouches and feed their rifles from ammo bandoliers. Each rifleman would have two mags in one pouch, extra ammo and grenades in the other. Great collection by the way, and thanks for sharing.