Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value of British Brigadier/Generals Battledress

Article about: I have come to a point where I will have to sell a WW2 British Anti-Aircraft Command Battledress and am looking to find the value as It’s been some time since I purchased it and I have Ide

Default Value of British Brigadier/Generals Battledress

I have come to a point where I will have to sell a WW2 British Anti-Aircraft Command Battledress and am looking to find the value as It’s been some time since I purchased it and I have Identified the owner. It is missing the second set of ribbon bars and belonged to a brigadier at the time of the war. It appears that they added to the uniform as they progressed to Major-General before retiring in 1952 but strangely left their brigadiers collar tabs on.

Sorry, we are not a free evaluation service.
    Free authentication and valuation service.
    We happily offer any help we can on the item.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I purchased this from a reputable dealer so I don’t have any questions about authenticity. I notice you are also from Canada so would you have a recommendation of whom I could send it to for a valuation?

it is a very specific and individual item, I doubt anyone would know its value, a dealer would put a value on it to buy it and another to sell it.

if you remember what you paid for it then add on sufficient to cover inflation and that's the value, assuming any buyers agree with you.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have a collector friend (UK) who amassed an impressive collection of Battledresses...he told me a year or so ago that folk are buying them and cutting the badges (and supporting battledress "square" beind them) off and dumping the Battledress itself....in his words...."no one wants them any more"...which was one of the saddest comments I'd heard in years! However, the launch of books like "Badges on Battledress" may have changed the landscape.....books tend to impact market price...for a while at least.

Thumbs down

Quote by Composite View Post
    ....cutting the badges .....off and dumping the Battledress itself....in his words...."no one wants them any more"...which was one of the saddest comments I'd heard in years!
    That is sad, rather like buying old books just to remove the illustrations. In collecting as in everything else - fads and fashions come and go , and then people realise...too late.

Thanks everyone, looks like it’s not as straight forward as I had hoped. I’ll have to put some more thought into it before I move forward.

I cant help feeling that you've left this one unsatisfied...and if that is the case I'm sorry as you don't appear to be a Join-How Much?-Leave member. The fact is as one moves up the rank system, for any item, valuations are hard....Tommy Atkins' plain khaki steel helmet may sell for £150....but an identical piece from General Wavel could sell for thousands...and as they don't come to market frequently the market pricing knowledge simply isn't out there. Auctioneers like C&T over here in the UK seem to sell most of the best stuff (with exceptions) and don't seem yet to have been tainted too much with tat.....they may be able to help you

It’s a complex item and I was just hoping it might be a bit more straight-forward. It’s not unsatisfying help that I’ve received but just that I think I’ll have to take it to a dealer for sale instead of doing it myself among collectors groups.

a couple of years ago I wouldn't've believed I'd've said this....but have you tried Facebook? Admittedly one has to kiss THOUSANDS of frogs.....but there's loads of groups/collectors there who don't bother with Forums like this any more...apparently it's all about "the Socials" nowadays....so I'm told. Posting pics of a few of those may get you what you need...you don't have to sell it to ask.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast