Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Vandergrift and Ike Jacket

Article about: Hey guys, got a couple of questions for you guys. First, I have the opportunity to buy a USMC Vandergrift Jacket and pants for under 15 dollars. I know the uniform is original is doesn't hav

Default Vandergrift and Ike Jacket

Hey guys, got a couple of questions for you guys. First, I have the opportunity to buy a USMC Vandergrift Jacket and pants for under 15 dollars. I know the uniform is original is doesn't have the ECA's or unit patch but does have chevrons. It looks to be in good shape with only two tiny moth holes.

Second, how much should someone pay for ww2 ike jackets of all conditions and accessories to them chevrons, overseas bars, unit patches etc, if you could give me what I should be paying for these ike jackets.

Thanks so much guys I really appreciate it.

Calloway

?

The vandergrift sounds like a fair deal but they also used that style heavily in the 50s which are worth less than the ww2 ones. Ike jackets range from all over. For a blank Ike jacket you are looking at about $30. Unit patches and insignia play an important role in the price, without pictures or an idea of the unit patches its hard to say.

?

If you can get those for $15 you are getting a SMOKING GOOD DEAL!!

I'll let some one who currently collects these to give you a "What Should I Pay" answer for one with all the bell's and whistles.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Edit:
    Looks like Gel65 was answering your question as I typed. He would know.