Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Various items of a new collector info or comments

Article about: Hello, Here is some items i recently got in an estate sale.Any comments or description would be much appreciated. I am new to collecting and am very much enjoying it! Thanks Robert these hat

Default Various items of a new collector info or comments

Hello,
    Here is some items i recently got in an estate sale.Any comments or description would be much appreciated. I am new to collecting and am very much enjoying it!

Thanks
    Robert

these hats are not with the ww2 items.. the last hats are. Sorry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Various items of a new collector info or comments   Various items of a new collector info or comments  

Various items of a new collector info or comments   Various items of a new collector info or comments  

Various items of a new collector info or comments   Various items of a new collector info or comments  

Default Re: Various items of a new collector info or comments

Some nice items there. The military hats are definately WWII. The police hat looks to be 1950's to early 60's. What is the patch on the jacket?

Cheers
    Gary

here is a scan of the patches that appear on the shirts, and others that i have a bunch of.
    plus some other various items, I also have the mans name that was in ww2, documents from the war dept ( in 1950 mostly those) he worked at WPAFB near where i live. i got a few other items that he collected too..that i dont know much about if youre interested !
    Thanks again and allcomments are appreciated.

Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Various items of a new collector info or comments   Various items of a new collector info or comments  

H Robert, the blue USAF tunic is of course post war.

The greatcoat is wartime and appears to have the economy plastic buttons. Check the pocket for a label.

I used to have a Pro Kit in my old US collection and these are WW2 era too.

The insignia and leggings are also fine.

The foot powder I cannot say for sure but it could be period.

What is the little tool for? Again it is wartime going by the property marking.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi!! Thanks for the reply.The tool if you are refering to what i think you are is a Tape dispenser, maybe bakelite?On the back it says "scotch tape" i will post that pic as well but i have not been able to find another like it. and as for the kits i have 3 left, I sold one that was opened but the other 3 i have arent opened.i will post a few more pics of other things.I do appreciate the information.

Robert

?

I wore the IKE Jacket and that winter hat, our Kaki summer hat was with the Kaki pants & shirt 1956 - 1957, 58 they made me buy the new green uniform or no discharge

Hi Robert, thanks. I recognise what it is now you have said

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade, there were about 20 guys waiting for discharge, refused to buy the Green uniform, they wanted me to join but I just wanted out... I don't think they won because of Army clothing allowance

I love the USAAF tape dispenser!!