Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British M.P. Uniform help

Article about: I recently acquired a “badly worn out” WW2 Officers uniform worn by British Member of Parliament Cecil Manning of the House of Commons Labour Party. This uniform was acquired from the fa

?

Default WW2 British M.P. Uniform help

I recently acquired a “badly worn out” WW2 Officers uniform worn by British Member of Parliament Cecil Manning of the House of Commons Labour Party. This uniform was acquired from the family who stated belonged to Manning, who was also in WW1 and lost his right arm. Although the uniform is complete with pants and hat, it is in terrible shape with numerous holes and tears.
    I would like some information, thoughts and comments as to the meaning of parts of the uniform. I have never seen the pins on the shoulders and the meaning of the red and black collar tabs. The buttons also seem a bit different. Although I recognize the sewn WW1 ribbon, I do not know the other.
    Also, I am entertaining the idea of repairing and restoring parts of the uniform and holes.
    Any thoughts and information is welcome.

WW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform help

?

WW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform helpWW2 British M.P. Uniform help

the shoulder badge is lord lieutenant, try googling him to see if he ever held that position

obviously the trousers are clearly dated as WWII and the tunic is the early pattern, probably the same date as the trousers but cut to the earlier pattern, but the cap looks later
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry,
    I’ve found Cecil Aubrey Gwynn Manning, a member of the Labour Party and Member of the House of Commons and during WW2 was very active in the ARP/ Air RAID Precautions and Civil Defense Organizations. The collector, who I got the uniform from stated that, At the time the uniform was acquired, the family also had Manning’s prosthetic right arm. But the thing that intrigued me, is that the names on the tags were for “Cornelius C. Manning M. P. “ with possible ID 13462. I assume this is the same person/M. P. ?
    As far as “Lord Lieutenant “, I am not familiar with this rank. Is this rank only for Parliament Members? Unless his position with the ARP afforded this Rank?

every part of the uk has a lord lieutenant but in this case I cannot help you, enjoy the search
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry