Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Other Ranks Service Dress Jacket.

Article about: Hi Guys, here is a WW2 Other Ranks Service Dress jacket from my collection. This is basically an updated version of the tunic worn in WW1 by the Britsh "Tommy". I often wonder why

Default WW2 Other Ranks Service Dress Jacket.

Hi Guys, here is a WW2 Other Ranks Service Dress jacket from my collection.

This is basically an updated version of the tunic worn in WW1 by the Britsh "Tommy".

I often wonder why they continued to make these given that Battle Dress was supposed to have replaced it? I believe these were often worn by Bandsmen and the like?

This example is dated 1943 and has plastic buttons of General Service pattern. This one is mint, unissued and is a good large size.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Other Ranks Service Dress Jacket.   WW2 Other Ranks Service Dress Jacket.  

Hi Ade, Very nice jacket!! Only problem as far as I am concirned is the room they take up LOL. May I suggest that you also show the back and inside details by way of a reference??
    Cheers Michael R

Hi Ade , this is a tunic that is not often seen from this period. A standard "cut" from the earlier age but most unusual from WW2. Thanks for showing it. Leon.

Wow! this is an old thread.

I will take some detailed pics and add to it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!