Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wwii US 58th Military Police

Article about: Hi all: I have this WWII grouping of a Clerk Typist, who belonged to the 58th Military Police Company, campaigns in Naples-Foggia, Rome-Arno, Normandy. Discharge Papers, photos, dog tag, Ike

Hello again:
    Inspecting the jacket, I couldn't see what kind of patch could be sewn on.
    But looking at photos of the veteran, I've seen this
    Could he wear the North African Command patch?
    In this photo I don't see the patch well
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wwii US 58th Military Police  

In this photo, a friend does wear the North Africa Command patch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wwii US 58th Military Police   Wwii US 58th Military Police  

58th MP Co History

Could it possibly be wearing the North African Command patch?

The Ike jacket is tailored with a dress jacket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wwii US 58th Military Police   Wwii US 58th Military Police  

Last edited by javimetal; 01-27-2022 at 09:28 PM.

Okay so you have established he was NATOUSA and then went to Italy transferred to Fifth Army .

Note the jacket has honourable discharge.

So at the time of having the honourable discharge, he would of had his current assignment Fifth Army (Left shoulder) and combat patch NATOUSA (Right shoulder).

Now it wasnt uncommon for returning GI's to have 2 uniforms an offical authorized one to wear ,like the one we are discussing and a second Ike with unauthorized theatre made Insignia for parades.

One of the problems returning GI's had was entering thru POE , all contraband was confiscated that included unauthorized uniforms, combat patches and the like from over zeasous MP's .

A friend of mine had images showing him (in the 60's ) of Bins lined up full of contraband ,including unauthorized patched jackets and the like-what a waste!!

Phill

Phill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2