Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments?

Article about: Just looking for some information or thoughts on some M1 helmets. Photo Heavy The first is a front seam swivel Bale, Schlueter (271A S) shell with a Seaman Paper liner fairly certain it is W

Lightbulb 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments?

Just looking for some information or thoughts on some M1 helmets. Photo Heavy

The first is a front seam swivel Bale, Schlueter (271A S) shell with a Seaman Paper liner
    fairly certain it is WW2 from all the appropriate markings ect, but ive always wondered about the 7 markings and white liner.
    3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments?

The Second is another of mine I received from a Paintball community, Im sure it was used post war but have never identified the maker or the reason for the OOW
    3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments?

The last has recently come up for sale in my area. its a front seam. The thing I am most curious about is the "Chaplains Cross". It seems too large, off Center and tilted.
    3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments? 3 seperate M1 Helmets. Ideas and Comments?

Any and All information is helpful, Thank you for your time

The white looks like it was painted up for some kind of racing club. The liner and helmet are WW2 and the liner looks complete. The OOW possibly stands for officer of the watch. Would like to see better pictures of the cross on the helmet.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The white paint should come off if you decide to remove it.

Marty

Do you own the helmets, or wanting to buy them and in need of advice?

Marty

I own the first two helmets and am looking at potentially purchasing the third

Chaplain helmets are a mine field, don’t buy it without better pictures. If the seller is not willing to send more pictures that’s not a good sign.

Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 09-15-2020 at 03:24 AM.