Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?

Article about: US M-3 knives in very good to excellent condition fetch a few hundred dollars and more depending on the maker, but in this poor/worn condition it is not worth much, IMO. Can you make out any

?

Default 506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?

I aquired these items from the family of a veteran. The helmet is most likley real but the stencil painted on the side is what concerns me. The knife and cricket also worry me. I am no expert in this feild (I collect US medals and visor caps) and want to know what is real and what is fake. I also got this other helmet, but I don't know what it is so I don't know where to post it. I think its Japanese but I am not sure. Any imput is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?   506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?  

506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?   506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?  

506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?   506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?  

Default re: 506 PIR Helmet and Items: Real or Fake?

The liner of the M1 helmet that you're showing is from Vietnam or later. This would lead me to believe that the entire helmet is a fake. Is that other helmet supposed to be a Russian or German helmet? Looks like it has paint all over the liner.

?

The other helmet looks like somone spraypainted the whole inside green. Is there a chance the M1 is origanal and the liner was replaced at some time? Also, can anyone tell if the spades are origanal or not? It seems strange they are on both sides of the helmet. Thanks, Greg

could be that the lid was used in veitnam (doubtful but possible) the other one looks more like an eastern helmet than a japenese one no idea on the cricket but we do have a bit of an expert on here who may pop up soon

?

the cricket is a repro as they were never stamped US these were originally a British made toy as for the M-1 its a post war messed with job !

The other helmet looks like a Russian one, what type or if its a variation from another country I'm not sure.

Thanks

Danny

?

Ok, so the M1 and the cricket are junk, how about the dagger? Thanks, Greg

The dagger is good.
    the cricket is bad repo.
    helmet bad.
    chris

?

Thanks for all the info! This forum is great and I thank all of you for your quick reasponces. This is the only place I know of where I can get experienced collectors opinions in a quick amount of time. Thanks, Greg

The "dagger" looks like a bayonet without grips.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast